The fall is upon us and winter is beckoning! It’s time to put on your full moisture retention armor! If you live in an area with cold wintry weather, you know that the air can get extremely dry. If you check the relative humidity it can be in the teens. Optimal humidity should be closer to thirty or higher
Here are some tips to help you out!
- On a cold and windy day in the fall or winter, throw on a warm hat!
- If it doesn’t have a satin lining, wear a satin or silk scarf /bonnet to retain moisture! Don’t let that below freezing wind get to those unprotected tresses! You won’t like it later when trying to comb it out.
- Cover your hair with colorful scarves to match your outfit. Wear them in cute, fun and elegant ways. Throw on some studs or other earrings. You’ll be amazed at how many complements you’ll get.
- Try on some hair styles that will protect part or most of your hair! These will work well regardless of weather. Cold or hot weather are drying to hair. Braid, twist, cornrow or put faux locs on your hair and don’t forget to find a stylist who will take care of your ends and not pull your hair too tight! You don’t want to protect your hair only to find that you’ve put your roots at risk! See our blog on Ten Tips to Save Your Hairline.
- Try out this stylish play on faux locs!
As you know, prevention is better than cure so make sure you moisturize, moisturize, moisturize your scalp and hair with your favorite moisturizer. Ours is the Naturaz Rehydrating Mist and Detangler. If you need some oils, try our NaturazStyling Moisturizer or your favorite oil based moisturizer. Your scalp will thank you for it.