Happy New Year to You! It’s that time of the year again! A time to set some new objectives for yourself. To go after your dreams and achieve what you never dreamed possible.To embrace a year full of joy and make happiness your choice. To think about all the maybes and embrace some changes for yourself.
Maybe this year you’ll buy that new car you’ve always wanted. After all, you worked like hell last year! You deserve something good and BIG for a change.
Maybe this will be the year to maximize on your 401K! Nice idea huh? Ok, what will you have to do to make this happen? Cut down trips to your favorite restaurants? Reschedule that Cayman Island vacation for next year? No need to buy all those cute dresses you’ve been eyeing…now this is getting too much for a diva like you! Let’s just say that you’ll look out for the big sales and be the first one at the door! Then you can fatten that 401k contribution and maximize your company match…..hmmmm…… Maybe this will the year you learn to kindly say ‘No’ and take some time out for yourself.
Last year felt like you were running from one thing to the next. Fulfilling everyone’s requests; your hubby, your children, your mother, your siblings, your girlfriends, your boss! Worrying about everyone and everything and trying to save it all! You’d wake up only to find that it was time for bed and you were exhausted. What happened to that nice bath with Epsom salts for your sore muscles? The Yoga classes to bring a sense of balance and centeredness to life’s inevitable stresses? Or maybe this will be your vision board year. You will envision what you want for your life on a personal level, work level, business level and write it down with loads of visuals. Then you’ll go after your dreams. This is your year!! A year of great opportunities. A year of endless possibilities.
As you ponder and plan your journey this year, here are seven tips to help you with your new year hair resolutions, which I’m sure you have. Go on! Achieve that soft, gorgeous and vibrant hair that you’ve always wanted. You deserve it!
- Believe that taking care of your curly, coily hair is possible and fun!
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Remember, oily hair does not necessarily mean moisturized hair. Use products with enough humectants to capture and retain the water your hair desperately needs.
- Be patient when grooming your hair. Use your fingers to work through tangles. Don’t pull and tug at your hair! Snip off snarls with a scissor to avoid split ends.
- If you live in ‘snowy’, ‘wintery’ locations, remember that it can get very dry. Use protective hair styles to keep moisture in your hair. Also use deeply moisturizing products. There’s a wealth of resources online to guide you!
- Read your labels! Avoid products with moisture robbing ingredients like sodium laureth sulfate, propylene glycol (PG), Imidazolidinyl Urea, PEG and more. Give your tresses some TLC with products that contain moisturizing and nourishing ingredients like coconut oil, shea butter, palm oil, aloe vera and believe it or not, the list goes on and onJ
- Your hair needs nutrients and moisture from the inside too. Drink lots of water, eat lots of vegetables, enjoy a handful of nuts, don’t forget those berry smoothies with flax seeds, even some cod liver oil will do! Vitamin E and other vitamins found in these foods, antioxidants, selenium and omega 3s will nourish and transform your hair. Give them a try!
- Last but not least…don’t comb your hair every day! Look out for the upcoming blog posts on this topic and learn how to style it up with uncombed hair!!
Soft, gorgeous and vibrant hair is achievable no matter what style you choose to wear. Enjoy 2015 and share other fun hair tips with us on our social media platforms.