- Foods high in protein are great for your hair which is mostly made out of a protein called keratin. They keep your hair growing so that as old hair falls out, new hair comes in. Alternate between various healthy animal and plant sources of protein for balance. Lean sources of animal protein like chicken and turkey are great to add to your diet. Remember that red meat is high in saturated fat so avoid eating it in large quantities. If you're low in rion, grass fed red meat and liver are great to incorporate into your diet as well as greens like kale, spinach, bok choy and more. Take a look at Eat Your Way To Healthy Hair.
- Many women suffer from low iron due to blood loss during the menstrual cycle. Low iron can develop into anemia. Foods high in iron are great for you and ensure that your body is producing the full amount of red blood cells needed for optimal function. If you feel unusually tired, notice thinning hair especially around your hair line, have no energy and are getting sick often, see a doctor and check your blood iron levels.
- The wonderful effects of a well balanced diet will show up in your body over a period of time. You’re aiming for long term changes at a cellular level so be patient and stick with your program. Take a look at Omega 3 Fatty Acids For Your Hair.
- If you have a medical condition like diabetes, high blood pressure, depression and more, consult with your doctor and dietitian or nutritionist so that you can work out a meal plan that is complementary to the medication you take so that you feel healthy faster. Read Are You Losing Your Hair for some targeted information on how to evaluate your hair loss and seek help if needed.
- Assess if current medications are affecting your appetite or creating a craving for the wrong types of foods. Discuss options with your doctor.
- If you’ve just had a baby, remember that the demand for resources during and after pregnancy is high and depletes your body. Take a multivitamin, eat foods high in iron like liver and enjoy low sodium bone broths and soups in addition to your meals. These will strengthen you, give you lots of minerals that your body needs and even help keep your bones and joints healthy, boost immunity, brighten skin and improve your hair.
- Do you get your two to three litres of water a day? If not, consider increasing your water consumption. It will help boost moisture levels in your skin and hair!
- Get regular exercise to improve circulation to your entire body including your hair follicles.
- Get the Moisture Blurst System to moisturize and support the health and growth of your hair.
Healthy hair is a sign that your body is also healthy. If you take great care of your body, it will in turn take great care of you! .
About the Author – Mumbi Dunjwa is an award-winning chemist from the American Chemical Society. She is the Founder & CEO of Naturaz and she formulated the industry leading Moisture Burst System™. This revolutionary 3-step system is an all-natural hair care product line which is 100% vegan and scientifically formulated to infuse long lasting moisture in curly, coily hair. Mumbi has a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry and nuclear medicine technology and a Masters degree from Carnegie Mellon University. She is passionate about seamlessly integrating health and beauty in our lives and she is a strong advocate for advancing STEM education among our youth, developing STEM careers and empowering women and girls around the world.