Are you looking for a quick style-and-go look for your hair? Why not try finger combing! We love this styling method for natural hair because of the curl definition and hydration it gives. There’s no heat or chemicals, so this style won’t damage your hair. A few simple products, some easy styling techniques, and you’re on your way!
Finger combing is great for people with tender scalps, because there’s no painful yanking. You can work slowly and on small areas, there’s often less breaking of the hair as well, especially if you have larger knots. Overall, it’s an easy to wear style that looks beautiful.
Here are the steps.
Prep Your Hair for Styling
- Start with detangled hair. Use the Naturaz Rehydrating Mist and Detangler to make sure everything is smooth and ready for styling.
- Shampoo using Naturaz Moisturizing Shampoo to get your strands clean and shiny.
- Once you’re done cleansing, blot your hair with a towel. Don’t rub or run the towel through your hair. Rubbing will make it frizzy!
- After cleansing, spritz your hair with the Naturaz Rehydrating Mist and Detangler again. It’s better to finger comb hair with product in it. Not only will this make the style more likely to hold, but you’re less likely to risk breaking the locks. Product helps the hair move smoothly.
- Use Naturaz Styling Moisturizer and Naturaz Curl Defining Cream or Curl Defining Gel to help with curl definition
Style Your Hair
- Once your product is applied, it’s time to style! Gently rake your product through your hair while combing through with your fingers. Distribute the product nicely from root to tip.
- Smooth the gel and product down to define your look and make sure everything’s in the right shape.
- Pick gently at newly formed curls to make them pop. This is where you fluff the curls and give them loads of definition.
A Few Tips
Your curls will define best if your hair is well moisturized. Make sure not to skip the hydrating steps during your prep work. The Naturaz Hydrating Shampoo and Mist are fantastic for bringing shine to your tresses.
Remember that oily hair isn’t the same as moisturized hair. Use moisturizing products that give shine and volume. We recommend products that contain Aloe Vera and Glycerin. Naturaz products are our products of choice because they’re protective and hydrating!
What do you think? Will you try it out? Let us know!