Do you have trouble detangling your hair or can't find a technique or product that can help you? I have different hair textures ranging from 4a to 4c. In this video, I walk through how to detangle hair gently and efficiently.
In short, below are the steps:
- I divide my natural hair into sections
- I apply a generous amount of the Naturaz Rehydrating Mist & Detangler on the sections that I'm going to detangle. It is a really effective moisturizing spray for hair
- I work the product into my hair strands and let it absorb and coat the strand
- I use the comb or my fingers to guide me to the knots and tangles
- I gently take the tangles or knots apart
- I alternate between using the comb to guide me to knots and using my fingers to detangle and finger comb.
- I apply extra product as needed to moisturize areas that are dry
- I pass the comb through a fully detangled section
If you have recently taken down a natural hair braided updo or any other braided style, the Naturaz Rehydrating Mist & Detangler can help you moisturize your strands and significantly reduce breakage while detangling.
You need patience to effectively detangle your natural hair without damaging it or causing too much breakage. You also need a product that delivers slip and that isn't so heavy on your hair. Take your time and be gentle with your tresses!
About the Author – Mumbi Dunjwa is an award-winning chemist from the American Chemical Society. She is the Founder & CEO of Naturaz and she formulated the industry leading Moisture Burst System™. This revolutionary 3-step system is an all-natural hair care product line which is 100% vegan and scientifically formulated to infuse long lasting moisture in curly, coily hair. Mumbi has a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry and nuclear medicine technology and a Masters degree from Carnegie Mellon University. She is passionate about seamlessly integrating health and beauty in our lives and she is a strong advocate for advancing STEM education among our youth, developing STEM careers and empowering women and girls around the world.